Brampton's massive house celebration used to be So past They it appears Had …


Throwing an illegal rager during a pandemic requires planning and preparation, apparently. A Brampton house party with 200 attendees went above and beyond to keep things on the down-low this weekend. According to CP24, barriers were set up to block views of the inside. Security guards were also hired to park people’s cars, reports the outlet. 

The party, which was located near Countryside Drive and Goreway Road, was busted by Peel Regional Police on July 25.

About Brampton's

Brampton's Giant House Party Was So Beyond They Apparently Had …

About Beyond
Beyond may refer to:

The crowd of partiers was so large that it took police over an hour to shut the event down safely, said Peel Police Cst. Kyle Villers to Narcity.

Indoor gatherings in Brampton are currently limited to 10 people.

Brampton's Giant House Party Was So Beyond They Apparently Had …

The homeowners even attempted to prevent guests from posting about the event on social media, reports CP24.

However, the plan backfired as footage surfaced on Instagram on Sunday, showing lines of cars parked on the street and front lawn.

The fun is certainly over for the party organizer, who is now in deep trouble.

Mayor Patrick Brown confirmed that the homeowner has been charged under the city’s new social distancing bylaw.

“I can confirm Brampton by law officers laid charges on the property owners. The matter will be going to court. The maximum penalty is $100,000. Reckless behavior is expensive,” Mayor Patrick Brown tweeted on Sunday.

Sadly, this isn’t the first time that a large gathering has been broken up in Brampton since the start of the pandemic.

Twenty-four backyard parties were shut down in a single week in the city back in June, not including parking lot hangouts and illegal cricket games.

Even a hair salon was fined for ignoring the rules.

Brampton has been dubbed a hot spot for COVID-19 in Ontario. Peel Region is among the worst-hit areas in the province and remains held back with Toronto and Windsor-Essex in stage two of reopening.