Eid-ul-Adha, which is also known as Bakrid or Eid Qurban is one of the most important Muslim festivals across the world. This festival which is also coined as ‘feast of the sacrifice’, is observed on the tenth day of Dhu al-Hijjah, which is the twelfth month according to the Islamic calendar. Eid-ul-Adha is one of the two most prominent Islamic festivals celebrated around the globe, the first one being Eid-Al-Fitr, which is also known as Ramadan Eid.
Read Also:Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Top 50 Eid Mubarak Wishes, Messages, Images and Quotes to share with your friends and family on Bakrid
When will Eid-ul-Adha be celebrated in India
The date of Eid-ul-Adha depends on the sighting of the moon as Islam follows the lunar calendar. Saudi Arabia has announced the celebration of Bakrid on 31 July 2020 while Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid has said that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated a day later in India, on 1 August 2020. The celebrations of Bakrid begin by offering prayers at the mosque after the sunrise, just before it enters the Zuhr time (midday prayers). Kerala will celebrate Bakrid along with Saudi Arabia on 31st July 2020.
Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى, romanized: ʿīd al-ʾaḍḥā, lit. ‘Feast of the Sacrifice’, IPA: [ʕiːd alˈʔadˤħaː]),also known as Qorban ( Persian : عید قربان ) is the last of the two Islamic holidays celebrated worldwide each year (the other being Eid al-Fitr), and considered the holier of the two. It honours the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son Ismael as an act of obedience to God’s command. But, before Ibrahim could sacrifice his son, God provided a lamb to sacrifice instead. In commemoration of this intervention, an animal, usually a sheep, is sacrificed ritually. One third of its meat is consumed by the family offering the sacrifice, while the rest is distributed to the poor and needy. Sweets and gifts are given, and extended family are typically visited and welcomed.In the Islamic lunar calendar, Eid al-Adha falls on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, and lasts for four days. In the international (Gregorian) calendar, the dates vary from year to year shifting approximately 11 days earlier each year.
Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Eid Mubarak Wishes, Messages, Quotes …
Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak (4 May 1928 – 25 February 2020) was an Egyptian military and political leader who served as the fourth president of Egypt from 1981 to 2011.
Before he entered politics, Mubarak was a career officer in the Egyptian Air Force. He served as its commander from 1972 to 1975 and rose to the rank of air chief marshal in 1973. He assumed the presidency after President Anwar Sadat’s assassination in 1981. Mubarak’s presidency lasted almost thirty years, making him Egypt’s longest-serving ruler since Muhammad Ali Pasha, who ruled the country for 43 years from 1805 to 1848. Mubarak stepped down during the Egyptian Revolution of 2011 after 18 days of demonstrations. On 11 February 2011, former Vice President Omar Suleiman announced that Mubarak and he had resigned as president and vice president respectively and transferred authority to the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces.On 13 April 2011, a prosecutor ordered Mubarak and both of his sons (Alaa and Gamal) to be detained for 15 days of questioning about allegations of corruption and abuse of power. Mubarak was then ordered to stand trial on charges of negligence for failing to halt the killing of peaceful protesters during the revolution. These trials began on 3 August 2011. On 2 June 2012, an Egyptian court sentenced Mubarak to life imprisonment. After sentencing, he was reported to have suffered a series of health crises. On 13 January 2013, Egypt’s Court of Cassation (the nation’s high court of appeal) overturned Mubarak’s sentence and ordered a retrial. On retrial, Mubarak and his sons were convicted on 9 May 2015 of corruption and given prison sentences. Mubarak was detained in a military hospital and his sons were freed 12 October 2015 by a Cairo court. He was acquitted on 2 March 2017 by the Court of Cassation and released on 24 March 2017.Mubarak died on 25 February 2020, aged 91. He received a military burial at a family plot outside Cairo.
Read Also:Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Eid Mubarak Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Messages, SMS, Status, Pics, Wallpaper and Greetings
The significance of the Eid-ul-Adha
For the unversed, this Islamic festival is much more than just a day of a family get together, merriment and joy and reinstills the spirit of hope, kindness, charity and nobility. Eid-ul-Adha is actually celebrated to mark Islamic prophet Ibrahim’s (Abraham) unwavering faith and devotion to Allah. According to traditional folklores, Ibrahim kept having recurrent dreams in which he was sacrificing his dearest son Ismael to prove his undying dedication to Allah.
When Ibrahim discussed his sacrificial dreams with his son Ismael, he readily agreed to honour the god’s wish and asked his father to comply with his dreams. Just as Ibrahim was ready to sacrifice his son as per the wish of God, seeing his absolute devotion and unwavering faith in God, Allah sent Angel Gabriel (also known as Jibreel) with a sheep to be slaughtered instead of Ibrahim’s son.
Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Eid Mubarak Wishes, Messages, Quotes …
After this Ibrahim sacrificed the sheep complying with Allah’s wishes and ever since that day, this festival is celebrated in the honour of Prophet Ibrahim’s unflinching love, dedication and faith on his God. Since this festival embodies the spirit of giving away something you love the most, Muslims across the world sacrifice a goat or a sheep on this day. The meat of sacrificed sheep is equally divided into three parts– one for the family, one for the relatives and one for the poor and needy.
To ensure that you keep the spirit of the holy festival alive even during the face of the pandemic, we are listing down some of the most heartfelt greetings, wishes and messages for your family and friends. It doesn’t matter if you are not able to physically celebrate Bakrid with your loved ones, you can always pray for their good health and send them messages straight from the heart–which is the next best thing.
Read Also:Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Eid Mubarak Wishes, Quotes, Messages, SMS, Photos, Images, Status, Greetings, Wallpaper and Pics
Happy Eid-ul-Adha 2020: Eid Mubarak Wishes and Messages
1. The happy occasion of Eid-ul-Adha is here. I will pray to Allah to bless you with happiness, health and wealth. May you enjoy this festival of joy with all your loved ones. Happy Bakra Eid!
2. Eid al-Adha Mubarak! Hope, love and laughter become a part of your life, today and everyday!
3. May Allah ease your hardships and shower you with loads of peace and prosperity on Eid. Have a blessed time! Eid al-Adha Mubarak.
4. May the divine blessings of Allah bring you hope, faith, and joy on Eid-Ul-Adha and forever. Happy Eid Ul Adha 2019!
5. Eid Ul Adha Mubarak: It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: It is your piety that reaches him: he has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for his guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.
6. Aap sabhi ko Eid al-Adha mubarak.
7. On this joyous occasion of Eid-ul-Adha, may Allah fulfil all your wishes and fill your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom. Eid Mubarak dear!
8. A very blissful Eid al-Adha to you and your family.
9. Here’s wishing a blessed Eid that will inspire you with courage and strength to help you to win every challenge of life! Eid al-Adha Mubarak.
10. I pray to Allah on this occasion of Eid to fulfil your life with joy and happiness. Sending you warmest wishes on Bakar Eid!
11. May Allah fulfil all your wishes and bless you with his kindness and love. Happy Eid!
12. Wishing you a very Happy Eid al-Adha . Cherish every moment of this beautiful festival and may all your dreams come true soon.
13. May Allah bring you and your family happiness, peace and prosperity! Eid Mubarak!
14. May only joy to surround you, Allah keep you safe always”. Eid Mubarak!
15. Here’s wishing you and your family peace, harmony, happiness, good health and prosperity on the auspicious occasion of Eid. Eid al-Adha Mubarak to you and everyone at home.
16 A very blissful and a Mubarak Eid al-Adha to you.
17. On this blessed occasion of Eid-ul-Adha, wishing you and your loved ones joy, happiness, peace and prosperity! Eid Mubarak!
18. May your sincere prayers be answered, and may you be blessed with Allah’s choicest blessings. Eid al-Adha Mubarak to you and your loved ones.
19. May Allah bless you with his choicest blessings. Eid al-Adha Mubarak to you and your family.
20. Here’s wishing you a blissful Eid al-Adha.
21. Eid al-Adha ka Mubarak din hain. Allah aapko dher sari khushiyan de.
22. Aapko aur aapke pariwar ko Eid al-Adha Mubarak.
23. May you continue to grow wiser and more charming every day! May this Eid bring happiness in your heart and to your family. Eid al-Adha Mubarak!
24. May Allah’s immense blessings be with you through your life in this world and even in afterlife. Eid Mubarak!
25. Feel the magic of Eid around you and know that the grace of God is always with you. You’ll always be surrounded by love and care. Happy Eid al-Adha!
Eid Mubarak Images Wishes